Thursday, June 10, 2010

what I want to be

At 5 I remember wanting to be a pilot when I was older
At 10 it had changed to something like an engineer or architect
at 15 I was pretty sure biochemistry was the place to be, and basketball player
at 17 it was literature and travel writing
at 19 linguistics and mountaneering
at 22 it remained
at 25 I was lost
at 30 I want to be an world champion triathlete (among other things)
life changes.
It never crossed my mind that three sports stitched one after the other would be one way of achieving one's potential. It never crossed my mind that it would provide a framework to align other parts of my life. And here I am, writing a log of my 5 months trip to a world championships race.
I am realistic, to be a world champion I have to up two of my disciplines to a standard that can only be done in 2 to 3 years of training. The funny thing is that I am ready to commit those years.
But the secret, I think, is to have some balance... and to know when to take a rest.
I'm off for three days and most likely wont be updating this log until monday.

Date: 9 June
Sport: Swimming
Time: 50min
Dist: 2.8km
Comment: it's been a week of reflection, It's good to look inside every now and then

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I hope it happens for you. LIVING THE DREAM.

    ReplyDelete