Thursday, August 26, 2010

and three days later

I'm still enjoying the rest week and making sure all plans keep ticking.

I can't believe that in 10 days I'll be flying out of her to warmer, dryer weather.

here's an update I sent my coach. That's all I have to report so far.


----- Original Message -----



From: Valentino Luna Hernandez
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:08 PM
Subject: Update


Hi coach,


I thought I'd give you an update on how things are coming along.
Swimming
've seem to be stuck on the 1.20 pace and I'm not 100% happy about it, but there's little I can do now, so all good. The last 3 weeks things have worked out OK and I'm comfortable at a higher pace.
Cycling
All the base work has certainly paid off as I am recovering from TT's fairly well. I managed to back up any workout after TT's, which I see as a good sign. Secondary to that I would have loved being able to hold a higher average speed on the TT's. But what I have for race day would certainly benefit me in the likelyhood of a buch situation.

theTT bike made me realize how much I need a TT setup. Hopefully I'll work out the finances fine.


Running
I'm feeling pretty strong on the run. The superset is paying off well. I feel shit running after those excercises, but running after running a 3.30km tired, running fresher feels like a breeze. The injury appeared to have healed OK. I didn't feel any niggles for two full weeks now (since pukekohe) and I'm keeping my excercises and stretching on schedule. Yesterday's coopers was the best it could have been and the HRMax was way lower than many of my previous CT's so I'm over the moon with the result.


Other bits and pieces:

Race day is in 18 days and I'm quite focussed, yet not nervous. I've sorted out most of my uni stuff so I have no other priority.

I'm working on my recovery as best as I can. Even without taking days off I manage to scoop some good powernaps on the weekdays and weekends.

Nutrition hasn't been an issue and I've got so many things in my plate at the moment that I am never bored, which sometimes leads to more eating.

2 comments:

  1. All is good! Great job doing the final stage of workouts and getting in those powernaps:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powernaps rock. Enjoy the taper.

    ReplyDelete